The Influence Conference – Meet & Greet

The Infuence Conference

In 15 short days, I will board a plane alone, fly across the country, and meet women I have loved from afar during The Influence Conference, a conference for Christian women about making much of the Lord online. This network has done nothing less than bless my socks off. I have experienced love, genuineness, and life though the network, and I cannot wait to hug everyone!

So today, The Influence Network is hosting a link up for the bloggers attending to get to know one another. Gosh, I just have to say right now again how INCREDIBLY EXCITED I am to be going! My life has been in a pretty rough season since my son was born in April 2012. He was a much harder baby than my daughter was, and as he has gotten older, parenting two independent kids is turning out to be the hardest thing I have ever done. There are moments of utter joy [they are playing on the floor together nicely right now] and moments where I want to cry. Earlier this year, I started praying for the Lord to bring refreshment. My husband and I were blessed by some friends with an amazing trip to visit them in Hawaii in March, but because I deal with anxiety and maybe a bit o’ OCD, I didn’t take advantage of the trip. I felt rushed. I felt anxious. And I did it all to myself. The availability of relaxation, sweet friends, and the beach [hello!] were all there — but I wasn’t. Our friends were beyond amazing and I chose to focus on stupid things. I regret that severely.

So about a month after that trip, I started praying for the Lord to provide me with refreshment. For Him to renew my mind. Clear out the yuck that clogs my thoughts and heart. I had wanted to attend The Influence Conference, but because I live in Arizona and the conference is in Indiana, it would be a large expense for me. When I calculated the cost, it came out to $670. Ahhh! And now that number is over $700. But, y’all, God is so good. In my pleas for refreshment, He provided. I asked, He listened. I called, He answered. Some things have come out of pocket, but others have been through gifts and the Lord’s provision. I am amazed.

This trip will be the first trip I have ever taken by myself, will be without kids, and will be to my second blogging conference. I will launch a business, share my heart, and hope to make many, many more wonderful friends. I will meet women I admire, women who have hearts of gold and businesses to match, women who have inspired me to embrace the gifts the Lord has given me and move forward in them. I am nothing short of ecstatic that I am going.

Two things I am looking most forward to during the conference is meeting my blog friends in real life. I have made many friends through blogging and some will be there. I am grateful to the Lord for heart friendships. Such a blessing! I am also looking forward to learning more about business and spreading the word about my new business, Happy Paper Company. There are going to be some great minds there and some wonderful opportunities to learn and glean wisdom. I am excited to connect, network, and learn. And I can’t wait to share with you what I will learn there.

Two things that will definitely be in my bag? Gosh, that’s a good question…only two?? lol…well, I am gluten free, so I will definitely have gfree snacks to save me in a moment where there may not be any. Kind bars, nuts, and fruit for sure. It is such a temptation to fudge on my diet when I am starving and there are no options. But feeling horrid during this time for refreshment is not an option! The second thing is a combo of a few things actually, blogging and note taking essentials – my laptop, a notebook, and pencils & pens. I love taking notes on paper. That is my favorite way. But I also want to have my computer for the plane ride there and back [six hours for doing whatever I want?? Call the Midwife, blogging, designing, surfing, and more. YES.]. But then there are also other things I will make sure to have – my iPad for my morning Jesus time & other times to read, spending money for THE SASHES MARKET, plenty of pictures to show off my kiddos, room mate gifts, business cards, and many other things.

I probably will overpack. ;)

You guys, this was seriously a major answer to prayer. God listens. And He heard my specific prayer for refreshment. You know how there is that blog that promotes picking a word for your year? This year, I picked the word blessing. I wanted to be a blessing to my family, my business, and any other area in my life. But the Lord has blessed me this year too. And if I could pick a word for this conference, it would be refreshment. Every time I think about the trip, that word comes to mind. I know the Lord is going to use the conference to renew me. And I am so excited! If you’re a fellow attendee, I can’t wait to meet you! And if you are not, you can still come by buying your ticket here. And if you are neither of those two, would you just pray for the conference? The women attending? And that it would be a refreshing time for all? Thank you! oh, and p.s., for you attendees, you can click over to my About Me page or visit me on Instagram for a picture of me. :) xo

Comments

1. says

yay for classic notetakers!!!

you’ve been a fave of mine for the longest and it’s going to be a great moment if i get the chance to meet you!!

• Erin Lauray says

YAY!!! I can.not.wait. to meet you tooooo! :) Are you a hugger? Cause I am ;)

2. says

I can’t wait to meet you Erin! I’m so excited that you get to go away for this refreshment! It is so amazing to hear how many women have trusted for God to provide, and HE DID! So encouraging!

• Erin Lauray says

Isn’t it amazing! That’s my favorite part! I can’t wait to see what God is up to bringing all of us together so providentially. Can’t wait to meet you too! xo

3. says

saying hi via the Link-up! :) So glad you are able to make it to the conference. I’m a newbie to Influence and just worked things out to go in the last week (I’m in Ohio so it’s a road-trip for me!). Hope to run into you and say hi in person.

• Erin Lauray says

Hi Lisa! That is so cool that you can drive there! I noted that you are a graphic designer too? We’ll have to meet at the conference! :)

• says

umm, yes! Would LOVE to meet you Erin. I’ve noticed there are quite a few designers…I’m eager to expand the circle of freelance designers I know. Still wrapping my head around going so need to soak in the conf. schedule and make some plans for meeting up. Let me know if you have plans/free time for meeting up already!

4. says

I love that God made a way for you to go. He’s obviously going to do some amazing things there and I can’t wait to experience it alongside you!

• Erin Lauray says

Kerrie! I am so excited to go and am super excited to continue to meet sweet women who are going! When are you flying in? I’d LOVE to meet you! :) (p.s. I love your blog and your heart!)

• Erin Lauray says

Yeah, I ran into that issue too, so I am flying in Wednesday. You are on my list of people to meet! So excited!

• says

I wish I had done that! I would love more time. Let’s make a plan for sure! I’ve got dinner plans Saturday but other than that I’m wide open!

5. says

This post is such an encouragement to me: that the Lord heard your plea for refreshment and provided marvelously. I pray that this conference would be an oasis for your soul, and that He would build you a cistern to take the Living Water back with you as a spot of refreshment for when you return to the frenzy that everyday life so often is. I’m excited to meet you, Erin!

• Erin Lauray says

Thank you Annie! I pray the same. I don’t want it to be just an exciting experience that I come back and fall into the same ol’ habits. I want it to cahnge me and the way I look at my life, business, and family. I can’t wait to meet you too! Big hugs in store! :)

6. says

I love it! God is so good! Our stories are similar. I did not think it was going to happen. And then, it did. Others stepped in to make it happen. And I could not be more grateful. (And I’m coming from Vegas. Yay desert dwellers!) See you there!

• Erin Lauray says

I love that!! Its so exciting when the Lord moves and its clear what he wants for you! And yay for desert dwellers! Hope to meet you there!

7. says

What a great story! I love hearing about how God’s hand is really in this conference!

I have a feeling I’m going to overpack too, so you won’t be alone!

8. says

I’m not a mama but I also am so in need of some time away + refreshment. Can’t wait to meet you there!

• Erin Lauray says

Yes! I think that we all need that time and again, regardless of life season! :) Can’t wait to meet you too!

9. says

Hello! This is my first time visiting your blog and I found you through the Influence link up. I’m so excited about the conference too. I’ve been going through such a rough time in my life lately too. The past year really, and I’m ready to start turning things around and I hope this conference jump starts that. I love that this post is so open and honest and wish I had gone deeper in mine. Hope to meet you in two weeks!

10. says

That’s awesome that God has provided everything you need to get to the conference–and I also think that you’ve recognized in yourself the traits that make you unable to relax and be rejuvenated and that you’ve prepared yourself this time to truly be refreshed!

• Erin Lauray says

Yes! I am praying that I come home feeling excited, pumped, and fully refreshed. :) Thanks for stopping by Rachel!

11. says

hi sweet girl! i can’t wait to meet you!! and this post is so lovely. refreshment. such a great word and one i can so relate too. my heart needs a refreshment right now. a new stepping stone if you will. and i am beyond ready for God to wreck my life that weekend! see you soon!

• Erin Lauray says

Can’t wait to meet you too Megan! I think we could ALL use some refreshment, right? :)

• Erin Lauray says

Thank you, Nadine! I am nervous to launch it, but excited all the same!

12. says

Just stopping on by from the influence link up to say hello. Can you believe the conference is almost here?! I have a son that was born late March of 2012 … close to your son’s birthday. Maybe we can connect and share stories at the conference. :) I hope you have a wonderful few weeks before we all meet up in Indy!

• Erin Lauray says

Hi Meg! That’s awesome that our sons are close in age! Crazy boys! :) I cannot believe the conference almost here either! Before it just felt like something I was going to do in the future and NOW it is like, OMG its COMING! lol :) Can’t wait to connect!