I must say, if I were not a mother, I would still make this for myself on Sunday. :) Sounds so delicious, is SUPER easy, and gluten-free! Woohoo! :) Recipe is courtesy of Carol at Simply Gluten Free.
Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
2 c. pecans
1 T granulated sugar
1 small pinch of kosher or sea salt
6 T unsalted butter, melted
8 oz. cream cheese @ room temperature
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 T lemon juice
1 t finely grated lemon zest
2 c. heavy cream
2 lbs. strawberries, stems removed
2 T seedless strawberry (or other berry) preserves
To make pie crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with oil.
2. Pulse nuts, sugar, and salt in a food processor until ground. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
3. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and fairly set (it will firm as it cools). Let cool.
To make the filling:
1. In the bowl of and electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix well.
2. In another bowl, whip the cream using the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
3. Sir in a big scoop of the whipped cream into the cheese mixture. Then gently fold in the rest of the cheese mixture.
4. Spoon into the cooled pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
This can be made up to one day in advance.
To make the topping:
1. Arrange the berries on the pie.
2. Warm the preserves and drizzle over the berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a few hours.
I am so happy to share this with y’all because I’m finding it to be SO hard to find a recipe worth trying that is good for us gluten-intolerants. Many times, the recipe calls for expensive or rare ingredients, so I am hesitant to try it because I don’t want to waste my money on something I may not end up liking. *Enter Strawberry Cheesecake Pie* :) This will put a smile on your face, make your tummy (and intestines) love you, and is a cool summer/spring dessert everyone, Celiac and non, will love.